Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon April 2, 2012
Crews Scramble to Repair Eggner's Ferry Bridge
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet crews are working on the remaining spans of the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge ahead of the arrival contractors to replace a collapsed portion of the bridge. Officials say they’re trying to complete routine repairs including railing replacement and repairs, as well as deck patching. KYTC Engineer Jim LeFevre says this will cut down on lane restrictions once the span is reopened. Hall Contracting of Kentucky Inc. was awarded a $7 million contract to replace the span which requires the company to have the bridge ready to reopen to traffic before Memorial Day.