Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon April 2, 2012
Crews Scramble to Repair Eggner's Ferry Bridge
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet crews are working on the remaining spans of the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge ahead of the arrival contractors to replace a collapsed portion of the bridge. Officials say they’re trying to complete routine repairs including railing replacement and repairs, as well as deck patching. KYTC Engineer Jim LeFevre says this will cut down on lane restrictions once the span is reopened. Hall Contracting of Kentucky Inc. was awarded a $7 million contract to replace the span which requires the company to have the bridge ready to reopen to traffic before Memorial Day.