Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon April 2, 2012
Crews Scramble to Repair Eggner's Ferry Bridge
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet crews are working on the remaining spans of the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge ahead of the arrival contractors to replace a collapsed portion of the bridge. Officials say they’re trying to complete routine repairs including railing replacement and repairs, as well as deck patching. KYTC Engineer Jim LeFevre says this will cut down on lane restrictions once the span is reopened. Hall Contracting of Kentucky Inc. was awarded a $7 million contract to replace the span which requires the company to have the bridge ready to reopen to traffic before Memorial Day.