Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed January 8, 2014
CPE President Did Not Receive University of Wisconsin Presidency
Kentucky's Council on Postsecondary Education President Bob King will not be the next president of the University of Wisconsin System. King, who has led the CPE since 2009, has also been the Chancellor for the State University of New York (SUNY). King was also a state lawmaker in New York.
CPE spokesperson Sue Patrick says King was honored to be considered. Patrick also says King was nominated for the position.
King was one of three finalists for the Wisconsin job. The next president will either be Peter H. Garland, Executive Vice Chancellor/Chief Operating Officer, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, or Raymond W. Cross, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin Colleges & UW-Extension.