Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed January 8, 2014
CPE President Did Not Receive University of Wisconsin Presidency
Kentucky's Council on Postsecondary Education President Bob King will not be the next president of the University of Wisconsin System. King, who has led the CPE since 2009, has also been the Chancellor for the State University of New York (SUNY). King was also a state lawmaker in New York.
CPE spokesperson Sue Patrick says King was honored to be considered. Patrick also says King was nominated for the position.
King was one of three finalists for the Wisconsin job. The next president will either be Peter H. Garland, Executive Vice Chancellor/Chief Operating Officer, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, or Raymond W. Cross, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin Colleges & UW-Extension.