Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed February 27, 2013
Coyote Hunting Bill Approved by State Senate Committee
Legislation that would allow Kentuckians to hunt coyotes has been approved by the Senate Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
The bill sponsored by democrat Fitz Steele of hazard permits hunting the animals year round by shotgun.
Senator Robin Webb of Grayson is a member of the panel. She says coyotes have become quite a nuisance in eastern Kentucky…
"I don’t like the little critters. Technically, they’re an anti-social animal. And now they’re getting pretty comfortable and pretty bold... They’ve killed our calves and small dogs."
The legislation does not limit the number of coyotes a hunter can kill.