Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed February 27, 2013
Coyote Hunting Bill Approved by State Senate Committee
Legislation that would allow Kentuckians to hunt coyotes has been approved by the Senate Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
The bill sponsored by democrat Fitz Steele of hazard permits hunting the animals year round by shotgun.
Senator Robin Webb of Grayson is a member of the panel. She says coyotes have become quite a nuisance in eastern Kentucky…
"I don’t like the little critters. Technically, they’re an anti-social animal. And now they’re getting pretty comfortable and pretty bold... They’ve killed our calves and small dogs."
The legislation does not limit the number of coyotes a hunter can kill.