Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 27, 2013
Coyote Hunting Bill Approved by State Senate Committee
Legislation that would allow Kentuckians to hunt coyotes has been approved by the Senate Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
The bill sponsored by democrat Fitz Steele of hazard permits hunting the animals year round by shotgun.
Senator Robin Webb of Grayson is a member of the panel. She says coyotes have become quite a nuisance in eastern Kentucky…
"I don’t like the little critters. Technically, they’re an anti-social animal. And now they’re getting pretty comfortable and pretty bold... They’ve killed our calves and small dogs."
The legislation does not limit the number of coyotes a hunter can kill.