Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed February 27, 2013
Coyote Hunting Bill Approved by State Senate Committee
Legislation that would allow Kentuckians to hunt coyotes has been approved by the Senate Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
The bill sponsored by democrat Fitz Steele of hazard permits hunting the animals year round by shotgun.
Senator Robin Webb of Grayson is a member of the panel. She says coyotes have become quite a nuisance in eastern Kentucky…
"I don’t like the little critters. Technically, they’re an anti-social animal. And now they’re getting pretty comfortable and pretty bold... They’ve killed our calves and small dogs."
The legislation does not limit the number of coyotes a hunter can kill.