Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed February 27, 2013
Coyote Hunting Bill Approved by State Senate Committee
Legislation that would allow Kentuckians to hunt coyotes has been approved by the Senate Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
The bill sponsored by democrat Fitz Steele of hazard permits hunting the animals year round by shotgun.
Senator Robin Webb of Grayson is a member of the panel. She says coyotes have become quite a nuisance in eastern Kentucky…
"I don’t like the little critters. Technically, they’re an anti-social animal. And now they’re getting pretty comfortable and pretty bold... They’ve killed our calves and small dogs."
The legislation does not limit the number of coyotes a hunter can kill.