Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed November 14, 2012
Court Must Determine if Man Accused of Killing Mother Competent
A judge must determine if a Murray man charged with killing his mother is fit to stand trial. Michael Joseph Burke recently underwent a psychological evaluation at the Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center in LaGrange. The Paducah Sun reports Karen McClellan died from at least 25 stab wounds on July 9th.
Police arrested Burke after finding a knife and bloody clothing in his home. Burke is set for another hearing in Calloway County Circuit Court January 28.