Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 14, 2012
Court Must Determine if Man Accused of Killing Mother Competent
A judge must determine if a Murray man charged with killing his mother is fit to stand trial. Michael Joseph Burke recently underwent a psychological evaluation at the Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center in LaGrange. The Paducah Sun reports Karen McClellan died from at least 25 stab wounds on July 9th.
Police arrested Burke after finding a knife and bloody clothing in his home. Burke is set for another hearing in Calloway County Circuit Court January 28.