Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed November 14, 2012
Court Must Determine if Man Accused of Killing Mother Competent
A judge must determine if a Murray man charged with killing his mother is fit to stand trial. Michael Joseph Burke recently underwent a psychological evaluation at the Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center in LaGrange. The Paducah Sun reports Karen McClellan died from at least 25 stab wounds on July 9th.
Police arrested Burke after finding a knife and bloody clothing in his home. Burke is set for another hearing in Calloway County Circuit Court January 28.