Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed November 14, 2012
Court Must Determine if Man Accused of Killing Mother Competent
A judge must determine if a Murray man charged with killing his mother is fit to stand trial. Michael Joseph Burke recently underwent a psychological evaluation at the Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center in LaGrange. The Paducah Sun reports Karen McClellan died from at least 25 stab wounds on July 9th.
Police arrested Burke after finding a knife and bloody clothing in his home. Burke is set for another hearing in Calloway County Circuit Court January 28.