Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue December 30, 2008
County Promotional DVD
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A council in Hopkinsville and Christian County plans to introduce a promotional DVD about Christian County to encourage more military families to make their home there. Hopkinsville-Christian County Senior Vice President of Community and Military Affairs Carter Hendricks says the piece gives a virtual tour of reasons to relocate. The Kentucky New Era reports officials set up the Operation Left Turn program nearly four years ago with a goal of attracting thirty percent of Fort Campbell's permanent base workers to the Kentucky side by 2012. Hendricks says at the start of the program only thirteen percent of families lived in Christian County. Today, that number hovers around twenty percent.