Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue December 17, 2013
Corker Spokeswoman Leaving D.C., Comes To Work For Haslam
Laura Herzog is leaving her position as spokeswoman for Tennessee’s U.S. Senator Bob Corker in Washington to become deputy director of communications for Governor Bill Haslam in Nashville.
Herzog worked for U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander for four years before joining Corker's successful campaign for the Senate in 2006.
Starting in mid-January, Herzog will serve as deputy to Communications Director Alexia Poe in the governor's office.
Poe also worked on Corker's 2006 race. Herzog's successor in Corker's office has not yet been named. Haslam is running for a second term next year but has yet to draw an opponent.