Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 17, 2013
Corker Spokeswoman Leaving D.C., Comes To Work For Haslam
Laura Herzog is leaving her position as spokeswoman for Tennessee’s U.S. Senator Bob Corker in Washington to become deputy director of communications for Governor Bill Haslam in Nashville.
Herzog worked for U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander for four years before joining Corker's successful campaign for the Senate in 2006.
Starting in mid-January, Herzog will serve as deputy to Communications Director Alexia Poe in the governor's office.
Poe also worked on Corker's 2006 race. Herzog's successor in Corker's office has not yet been named. Haslam is running for a second term next year but has yet to draw an opponent.