Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue June 26, 2012
Conway Takes Fight Against For-Profit Colleges to D.C.
Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is taking his fight against for-profit colleges to Washington D.C.
Conway has scheduled a news conference with various members of the Obama Administration and U.S. Senators Dick Durbin and Tom Harkin to reveal more about his investigations into the colleges.
The main focus will be on deceptive practices some colleges use to to lure veterans to enroll.
Conway has taken several for-profit colleges in Kentucky to court, including Daymar College, National College, and Brown Mackie.