Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon January 14, 2013
Conway Serious About Governor's Race
One of Kentucky's most recognizable political figures says he’s taking a very serious look at running for Governor. Democratic Attorney General Jack Conway says he’s considering a run in 2015 election, a move that could ward off potential challengers for his party's nomination to replace Governor Steve Beshear.
Three statewide campaigns in the past five years have enhanced Conway's name. Altogether, Conway spent about $10 million dollars in those races, largely on TV advertising to build his brand. Conway had about twice that much spent against him, making him a familiar face to nearly every family in Kentucky.