Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 14, 2013
Conway Serious About Governor's Race
One of Kentucky's most recognizable political figures says he’s taking a very serious look at running for Governor. Democratic Attorney General Jack Conway says he’s considering a run in 2015 election, a move that could ward off potential challengers for his party's nomination to replace Governor Steve Beshear.
Three statewide campaigns in the past five years have enhanced Conway's name. Altogether, Conway spent about $10 million dollars in those races, largely on TV advertising to build his brand. Conway had about twice that much spent against him, making him a familiar face to nearly every family in Kentucky.