Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 6, 2009
Conway Reacts to Mongiardo Audio
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is reacting to unflattering audio purportedly of his Democratic US Senate opponent, Lt. Gov. Dan Mongiardo. We get more from Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh.
Expletive-laced audio of Lt. Gov. Dan Mongiardo allegedly criticizing Gov. Steve Beshear for lukewarm support of Mongiardo's U-S Senate campaign recently appeared on the Internet. Both Mongiardo and the governor downplayed it, saying the audio was doctored and they remain highly supportive of each other. What does Attorney General Jack Conway think of the audio? "I don't get excited by these sorts of things. There are ebbs and flows in a campaign. And I'm gonna stay focused on the issue at hand and try to run the type of campaign that gives the people of Kentucky what they deserve in terms of representation for this particular U-S Senate seat."
Conway and Mongiardo are the Democratic frontrunners in the Senate race, which also features several Republican candidates. The primary is next May.