Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 6, 2009
Conway Reacts to Mongiardo Audio
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is reacting to unflattering audio purportedly of his Democratic US Senate opponent, Lt. Gov. Dan Mongiardo. We get more from Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh.
Expletive-laced audio of Lt. Gov. Dan Mongiardo allegedly criticizing Gov. Steve Beshear for lukewarm support of Mongiardo's U-S Senate campaign recently appeared on the Internet. Both Mongiardo and the governor downplayed it, saying the audio was doctored and they remain highly supportive of each other. What does Attorney General Jack Conway think of the audio? "I don't get excited by these sorts of things. There are ebbs and flows in a campaign. And I'm gonna stay focused on the issue at hand and try to run the type of campaign that gives the people of Kentucky what they deserve in terms of representation for this particular U-S Senate seat."
Conway and Mongiardo are the Democratic frontrunners in the Senate race, which also features several Republican candidates. The primary is next May.