Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed October 20, 2010
Conway Looks to Issues Ahead of Election
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Democratic U. S. Senate Candidate Jack Conway won't directly say whether his campaign will continue with negative television ads. Conway has been under fire from some over his most recent ad questioning his opponent, Rand Paul's actions in college. At a meet and greet in Murray today Conway steered his comments toward issues. He says people need to know the differences between he and Paul.
"I think we need to have solid proposals. And there are a lot of areas of distinction. I support veterans issues and the American's with disabilities act. Um, so there are a lot of distinctions and we're going to be talking about a lot of things over the next 12 days."
A poll published yesterday in the Washington Post puts Conway slightly ahead in the Senate race. Conway continues his campaign in western Kentucky this afternoon.