Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed October 20, 2010
Conway Looks to Issues Ahead of Election
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Democratic U. S. Senate Candidate Jack Conway won't directly say whether his campaign will continue with negative television ads. Conway has been under fire from some over his most recent ad questioning his opponent, Rand Paul's actions in college. At a meet and greet in Murray today Conway steered his comments toward issues. He says people need to know the differences between he and Paul.
"I think we need to have solid proposals. And there are a lot of areas of distinction. I support veterans issues and the American's with disabilities act. Um, so there are a lot of distinctions and we're going to be talking about a lot of things over the next 12 days."
A poll published yesterday in the Washington Post puts Conway slightly ahead in the Senate race. Conway continues his campaign in western Kentucky this afternoon.