Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu June 6, 2013
Conway Gets Plum Gig To Emcee Democratic Dinner
Attorney General Jack Conway has landed a plum assignment as emcee of the annual Wendell Ford Dinner, a Democratic bash set for tonight in Louisville. The job will give Conway, one of a long line of potential gubernatorial candidates in 2015, face time with the state's top Democratic leaders who will attend the event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Others considering the governor's race, including Lt. Gov. Jerry Abramson and Auditor Adam Edelen, have been invited to speak briefly. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, a potential challenger to U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, also is among the list of Democratic speakers. Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden and a friend of Conway's, will be the keynote speaker.