Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu June 6, 2013
Conway Gets Plum Gig To Emcee Democratic Dinner
Attorney General Jack Conway has landed a plum assignment as emcee of the annual Wendell Ford Dinner, a Democratic bash set for tonight in Louisville. The job will give Conway, one of a long line of potential gubernatorial candidates in 2015, face time with the state's top Democratic leaders who will attend the event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Others considering the governor's race, including Lt. Gov. Jerry Abramson and Auditor Adam Edelen, have been invited to speak briefly. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, a potential challenger to U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, also is among the list of Democratic speakers. Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden and a friend of Conway's, will be the keynote speaker.