Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu June 6, 2013
Conway Gets Plum Gig To Emcee Democratic Dinner
Attorney General Jack Conway has landed a plum assignment as emcee of the annual Wendell Ford Dinner, a Democratic bash set for tonight in Louisville. The job will give Conway, one of a long line of potential gubernatorial candidates in 2015, face time with the state's top Democratic leaders who will attend the event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Others considering the governor's race, including Lt. Gov. Jerry Abramson and Auditor Adam Edelen, have been invited to speak briefly. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, a potential challenger to U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, also is among the list of Democratic speakers. Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden and a friend of Conway's, will be the keynote speaker.