Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu June 6, 2013
Conway Gets Plum Gig To Emcee Democratic Dinner
Attorney General Jack Conway has landed a plum assignment as emcee of the annual Wendell Ford Dinner, a Democratic bash set for tonight in Louisville. The job will give Conway, one of a long line of potential gubernatorial candidates in 2015, face time with the state's top Democratic leaders who will attend the event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Others considering the governor's race, including Lt. Gov. Jerry Abramson and Auditor Adam Edelen, have been invited to speak briefly. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, a potential challenger to U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, also is among the list of Democratic speakers. Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden and a friend of Conway's, will be the keynote speaker.