Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu July 11, 2013
Conway first speaker to sign up for 2013 Fancy Farm
Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is the first statewide elected official to sign up to speak at this year's Fancy Farm picnic on August 3rd. Conway is a potential 2015 gubernatorial candidate, and has been a regular in recent years at the picnic, which has historically been the place where Kentucky candidates kick off campaigns. U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and his Democratic challenger, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, have also been invited but haven't yet confirmed.
Although politics is a major draw, the picnic is a fundraiser for St. Jerome Catholic Church. It typically draws some 10,000 people a year, generating about $250,000 for the parish.