Most Active Stories
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Western Kentucky Short on Primary Care Physicians, Training Programs
Thu December 13, 2012
Conway Advises Caution When Giving
Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is warning people to watch out for scams throughout the season of giving. Conway says donations to reputable charities can provide clothing or food for people who are struggling, but fraudulent groups take advantage of donors and prevent those who need help from receiving it.
He recommends giving to groups you trust and watching out for unsolicited emails that appear to be from a legitimate charity that might be an imposter.