Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Thu December 13, 2012
Conway Advises Caution When Giving
Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is warning people to watch out for scams throughout the season of giving. Conway says donations to reputable charities can provide clothing or food for people who are struggling, but fraudulent groups take advantage of donors and prevent those who need help from receiving it.
He recommends giving to groups you trust and watching out for unsolicited emails that appear to be from a legitimate charity that might be an imposter.