Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu December 13, 2012
Conway Advises Caution When Giving
Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway is warning people to watch out for scams throughout the season of giving. Conway says donations to reputable charities can provide clothing or food for people who are struggling, but fraudulent groups take advantage of donors and prevent those who need help from receiving it.
He recommends giving to groups you trust and watching out for unsolicited emails that appear to be from a legitimate charity that might be an imposter.