Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu July 2, 2009
Convention Corp. Sues to Foreclose Executive Inn
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation (CCC) has filed a lawsuit in hopes of foreclosing on the Executive Inn. The CCC owns the convention center and has leased the property on which the Inn sits to owner Bhupinder Singh for more than 20 years. The 20-page complaint, filed yesterday in McCracken Circuit Court, claims Singh violated that lease agreement by allowing the Inn to close down twice in the last year. The CCC has filed the suit against any parties with potential interest in the hotel, including developers Bill Parsons and Tom Green. CCC chairman Jim Sigler says he's unable to comment on pending litigation, but the CCC feels filing the complaint is the best step to protect its interests.