Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue November 20, 2012
Convention Center Board of Directors Reaches Settlement with Local Businesses
The Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation Board agreed to a $180,000 settlement from a local accounting firm and CPA connected to an embezzlement lawsuit. Former CCC executive director J. Patrick Kerr and his accomplice Susan Wilson pled guilty in March to embezzling more than $200,000.
The board will receive $155,000 from accounting firm Williams, Williams and Lentz which oversaw the CCC's finances and $25,000 from CPA Wayne Shelton who performed the CCC's audit. With this agreement, Chairman Phil McIntosh says he and the other board members feel relieved.
“It really impacted our lives, and it impacted everybody in the community because a lot of money was lost, so we’re all very happy to see it come to closure,” he says.
The City of Paducah also received more than $61,000 in May from a claim filed through its employee theft policy. Now, the total recovery from the embezzlement scheme equals more than $241,000.