Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon July 23, 2012
Construction Continues on the Eggners Ferry Bridge
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) will restrict traffic to one lane on the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge from 8 am until about noon today.
The restriction will allow an electrical crew to make temporary changes to the navigational lighting on the structure so that workers can perform geotechnical drilling. The drilling will gather information to aid in the ongoing design and eventual construction of a new bridge at the site. KYTC crews will also be working along US 68/KY 80 through LBL from the 0 to the 8 mile marker starting tomorrow. You can expect lane restrictions at various points along the way. Work there is expected to take about a week, weather permitting.