Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 6, 2010
Commissioners to Vote on Sports Park Panel
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A Paducah City Commission vote next week could create a panel to oversee the new multi-use sports park to be developed off Sheehan Bridge Road. Paducah Parks Services Director Mark Thompson suggests the panel be composed of two Commissioners, a major fundraiser, and two private citizens; while he would serve as staff liaison. Thompson also presented a plan to generate funds by allowing sponsorships and naming rights of the parks planned athletic fields, shelters, concession buildings, playgrounds, trails, and fishing piers.