Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue October 6, 2009
Commission Votes on Renaissance Website
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – The Paducah City Commission is expected to hear a second reading on an ordinance that will allow the Renaissance Alliance to move forward with creating a new website. Alliance Executive Director Steve Doolittle says any expenditure over 20-thousand dollars must be approved by the commission. The website and promotional package designed by Carbondale-based 1187 would cost around 50-thousand dollars. A merger 18-months ago between Paducah Main Street and the LowerTown revitalization offices left officials with six URL's and four websites. Doolittle says the contract will likely be approved at tonight's meeting.