Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue May 1, 2012
Commission to Give Opinion on Illinois Facility Closure Plan
A legislative commission is scheduled to give its opinion on Illinois Governor Pat Quinn's plans to close several state facilities, including the Tamms maximum security prison in southern Illinois. But the commission's vote is advisory only and the governor can close the prisons, mental institutions and offices no matter the findings. Quinn says closing the prisons would save money, while closing other facilities would lead to improved care for people with developmental disabilities. The Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability is scheduled to convene this morning.