Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed September 9, 2009
Commission Briefed on Competing Airlines
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah city commissioners were briefed last night on the two airline companies vying for a federal subsidy to offer services at Paducah's Barkley Regional Airport. Airport Manager Richard Roof says the two airlines, SkyWest and Mesaba, are both seeking funds to run connecting flights to larger airports. Mesaba is Paducah's current carrier, connecting to Delta's Memphis hub. SkyWest is proposing to fly 50-seat jets twice daily between Paducah and Chicago's O'Hare Airport. Individuals can go to BarkleyRegional.com and fill out the Essential Air Service Survey to voice their choice. The airline is expected to be chosen some time next month.