Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu January 2, 2014
College Offers Continuing Education For Judges
Circuit Court judges from around the state gathered in Frankfort recently for an educational session.
The 2013 Circuit Judges Fall College offered updates on case law and legislation. Judges also attended sessions on court technology, bail, e-discovery and court interpreting during the November meeting.
Jefferson Family Court Judge Stephen George was elected president of the Kentucky Circuit Judges Association at the college.
George says the college meeting is valuable because certain aspects of being a judge can change while in office. The college also offered sessions specifically for family court judges.
They included information about child traumatic stress and recent federal legislation on child abuse and neglect and foster care.