Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 2, 2014
College Offers Continuing Education For Judges
Circuit Court judges from around the state gathered in Frankfort recently for an educational session.
The 2013 Circuit Judges Fall College offered updates on case law and legislation. Judges also attended sessions on court technology, bail, e-discovery and court interpreting during the November meeting.
Jefferson Family Court Judge Stephen George was elected president of the Kentucky Circuit Judges Association at the college.
George says the college meeting is valuable because certain aspects of being a judge can change while in office. The college also offered sessions specifically for family court judges.
They included information about child traumatic stress and recent federal legislation on child abuse and neglect and foster care.