Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri September 25, 2009
Closure of US 62/US 641 Extended
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Closures of U-S 62 and U-S 641 across Kentucky Dam have been extended until November 24th. The closure has been in place for 3 weeks to allow preliminary road work that would tie in a new Tennessee River Bridge. However, the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers expects continuing the work now will likely help to avoid additional closures later in the spring and summer time. Around six thousand vehicles cross the section on U-S 62 and U-S 641 on an average day.