Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 25, 2009
Closure of US 62/US 641 Extended
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Closures of U-S 62 and U-S 641 across Kentucky Dam have been extended until November 24th. The closure has been in place for 3 weeks to allow preliminary road work that would tie in a new Tennessee River Bridge. However, the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers expects continuing the work now will likely help to avoid additional closures later in the spring and summer time. Around six thousand vehicles cross the section on U-S 62 and U-S 641 on an average day.