Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri September 25, 2009
Closure of US 62/US 641 Extended
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Closures of U-S 62 and U-S 641 across Kentucky Dam have been extended until November 24th. The closure has been in place for 3 weeks to allow preliminary road work that would tie in a new Tennessee River Bridge. However, the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers expects continuing the work now will likely help to avoid additional closures later in the spring and summer time. Around six thousand vehicles cross the section on U-S 62 and U-S 641 on an average day.