Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon February 18, 2013
Clarksville's Trane, Union Reach Deal with New Contract
A machinists union has reached an agreement on a new 4-year contract with Trane to avert a possible strike at Clarksville's largest private employer. The International Association of Machinists and Trane agreed to a new 80/20 match Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance Plan effective Jan. 1 of next year. There will be no change in existing plans or employee premium contributions for the remainder of 2013, and the employee premium contribution won’t increase in 2014.
The deal also includes a lump-sum $1,000 bonus, a 20 cents-an-hour raise after the first year and a 40 cents-an-hour raise every year thereafter. The new contract runs until February 2017.