Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon February 18, 2013
Clarksville's Trane, Union Reach Deal with New Contract
A machinists union has reached an agreement on a new 4-year contract with Trane to avert a possible strike at Clarksville's largest private employer. The International Association of Machinists and Trane agreed to a new 80/20 match Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance Plan effective Jan. 1 of next year. There will be no change in existing plans or employee premium contributions for the remainder of 2013, and the employee premium contribution won’t increase in 2014.
The deal also includes a lump-sum $1,000 bonus, a 20 cents-an-hour raise after the first year and a 40 cents-an-hour raise every year thereafter. The new contract runs until February 2017.