Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed June 6, 2012
Clarksville Student's Family Claims Bullying
The family of a former Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools student has filed a lawsuit, claiming school officials failed to shield their daughter from bullying.
The civil suit was filed Thursday in Clarksville by Carlos and Julie Ramos. The lawsuit states the Ramos' then- 15-year-old daughter was verbally and physically harassed as a sophomore at Northwest High School. Court documents claim that when the girl reported the incidents to teachers and administrators, the bullying escalated. The family ultimately enrolled their daughter in a private school. Their lawsuit seeks 5 hundred thousand dollars in compensatory damages. School spokeswoman Elise Shelton says she has not seen the suit and cannot yet comment on it.