Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm "Cleon" Approaches the Region
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed June 6, 2012
Clarksville Student's Family Claims Bullying
The family of a former Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools student has filed a lawsuit, claiming school officials failed to shield their daughter from bullying.
The civil suit was filed Thursday in Clarksville by Carlos and Julie Ramos. The lawsuit states the Ramos' then- 15-year-old daughter was verbally and physically harassed as a sophomore at Northwest High School. Court documents claim that when the girl reported the incidents to teachers and administrators, the bullying escalated. The family ultimately enrolled their daughter in a private school. Their lawsuit seeks 5 hundred thousand dollars in compensatory damages. School spokeswoman Elise Shelton says she has not seen the suit and cannot yet comment on it.