Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed June 6, 2012
Clarksville Student's Family Claims Bullying
The family of a former Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools student has filed a lawsuit, claiming school officials failed to shield their daughter from bullying.
The civil suit was filed Thursday in Clarksville by Carlos and Julie Ramos. The lawsuit states the Ramos' then- 15-year-old daughter was verbally and physically harassed as a sophomore at Northwest High School. Court documents claim that when the girl reported the incidents to teachers and administrators, the bullying escalated. The family ultimately enrolled their daughter in a private school. Their lawsuit seeks 5 hundred thousand dollars in compensatory damages. School spokeswoman Elise Shelton says she has not seen the suit and cannot yet comment on it.