Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed June 6, 2012
Clarksville Student's Family Claims Bullying
The family of a former Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools student has filed a lawsuit, claiming school officials failed to shield their daughter from bullying.
The civil suit was filed Thursday in Clarksville by Carlos and Julie Ramos. The lawsuit states the Ramos' then- 15-year-old daughter was verbally and physically harassed as a sophomore at Northwest High School. Court documents claim that when the girl reported the incidents to teachers and administrators, the bullying escalated. The family ultimately enrolled their daughter in a private school. Their lawsuit seeks 5 hundred thousand dollars in compensatory damages. School spokeswoman Elise Shelton says she has not seen the suit and cannot yet comment on it.