Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Wed March 6, 2013
Clarksville Plant Layoffs Permanent
Michigan-based silicon products company Hemlock Semiconductor Corporation says its layoff of 300 workers at Clarksville is now permanent.
The company says the layoffs were forced by a supply glut and trade conflicts with China. The company makes high-purity silicon materials for use by semiconductor and solar ingot/wafer manufacturers.