Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed March 6, 2013
Clarksville Plant Layoffs Permanent
Michigan-based silicon products company Hemlock Semiconductor Corporation says its layoff of 300 workers at Clarksville is now permanent.
The company says the layoffs were forced by a supply glut and trade conflicts with China. The company makes high-purity silicon materials for use by semiconductor and solar ingot/wafer manufacturers.