Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue October 12, 2010
Clarksville Mayoral Candidates Split on Industrial Recruiting
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville's mayoral candidates differ on their views of what extent they would be involved in industrial recruitment. Kim McMillan says it's important to have a mayor that understands Clarksville's impact on the state's economy and wants to be actively involved in recruiting. Jeff Burkhart isn't sure what role he'd play, but says he would do anything to help the Industrial Development Board and the Chamber of Commerce. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports Gabriel Segovia also highlighted the work of those organizations and says he would defer recruiting to them.