Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri January 23, 2009
Clarksville DDP Offers Loans
By Carrie Pond
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville's Downtown District Partnership is offering low-interest loans for downtown residents who want to make exterior improvements to their property. DDP board member Wayne Wilkinson tells the Leaf-Chronicle the loans are available through local banks at a half percentage point below the prime lending rate. He says the board hopes the loans will encourage residential development akin to that in other progressive cities.