Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 17, 2009
Clarksville bribery charges
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Clarksville, TN – A Clarksville man is charged with accepting substantial bribes to place more than a half million dollars in contracts to favored companies. A federal indictment says 38-year-old Army captain, Bryant Williams accepted the bribes while in Baghdad from 2005 to 2006.Williams pleaded not guilty to mail fraud and bribery today (Monday). Defense attorney David Greenfield said Williams' 17-year Army career was otherwise unblemished. He is free on bond.