Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon August 17, 2009
Clarksville bribery charges
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Clarksville, TN – A Clarksville man is charged with accepting substantial bribes to place more than a half million dollars in contracts to favored companies. A federal indictment says 38-year-old Army captain, Bryant Williams accepted the bribes while in Baghdad from 2005 to 2006.Williams pleaded not guilty to mail fraud and bribery today (Monday). Defense attorney David Greenfield said Williams' 17-year Army career was otherwise unblemished. He is free on bond.