Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon August 17, 2009
Clarksville bribery charges
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Clarksville, Tenn. – A Clarksville man is charged with accepting substantial bribes to place more than a half million dollars in contracts to favored companies.
A federal indictment says 38-year-old Army captain, Bryant Williams accepted the bribes while in Baghdad from 2005 to 2006.
Williams pleaded not guilty to mail fraud and bribery today (Monday). Defense attorney David Greenfield said Williams' 17-year Army career was otherwise unblemished. He is free on bond.