Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon August 17, 2009
Clarksville bribery charges
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Clarksville, Tenn. – A Clarksville man is charged with accepting substantial bribes to place more than a half million dollars in contracts to favored companies.
A federal indictment says 38-year-old Army captain, Bryant Williams accepted the bribes while in Baghdad from 2005 to 2006.
Williams pleaded not guilty to mail fraud and bribery today (Monday). Defense attorney David Greenfield said Williams' 17-year Army career was otherwise unblemished. He is free on bond.