Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon August 17, 2009
Clarksville bribery charges
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Clarksville, Tenn. – A Clarksville man is charged with accepting substantial bribes to place more than a half million dollars in contracts to favored companies.
A federal indictment says 38-year-old Army captain, Bryant Williams accepted the bribes while in Baghdad from 2005 to 2006.
Williams pleaded not guilty to mail fraud and bribery today (Monday). Defense attorney David Greenfield said Williams' 17-year Army career was otherwise unblemished. He is free on bond.