Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed November 27, 2013
Civil War Grants To Come Available In TN
Grants for protecting Civil War and Underground Railroad sites in Tennessee will be made available starting Sunday.
The $483,000 program created under a state law enacted this year will help pay for acquiring or preserving land associated with 38 Civil War sites determined to be the most historically significant in Tennessee.
The matching grants will also help fund Underground Railroad sites eligible for the National Register of Historic Places or for being designated a National Historic Landmark.
Applications are due on Febuary 1.