Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed November 27, 2013
Civil War Grants To Come Available In TN
Grants for protecting Civil War and Underground Railroad sites in Tennessee will be made available starting Sunday.
The $483,000 program created under a state law enacted this year will help pay for acquiring or preserving land associated with 38 Civil War sites determined to be the most historically significant in Tennessee.
The matching grants will also help fund Underground Railroad sites eligible for the National Register of Historic Places or for being designated a National Historic Landmark.
Applications are due on Febuary 1.