Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Paducah City Commission
Tue December 10, 2013
City Manager Proposes City Absorb Paducah Renaissance Alliance
Paducah City Manager Jeff Pederson wants to restructure the Paducah Renaissance Alliance, by moving it into the Parks and Planning Departments.
The PRA is a downtown economic development and historic preservation program.
Pederson said the PRA mission was ambiguous and the organization spent too many resources establishing its own identity.
"You know that's money that wasn't going into programs, wasn't going into incentives," Pederson said.
The PRA branding will be removed and replaced by existing Kentucky Mainstreet Program branding. A commission vote on the restructuring plan may occur next week.
The city will continue utilizing the $450,000 allocated to PRA by hiring a Downtown Development Specialist, a Special Events Coordinator, and continue investing in the cultural activities of downtown and Lower Town.
Pederson hopes to have these newly authorized positions filled by February 1.