Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed October 31, 2012
Christian Insurance Members Get Reprieve
Kentucky Medi-Share members now have until Jan. 1 a to find new health insurance. Franklin County Circuit Judge Thomas Wingate originally ordered Medi-Share to cease operations on Thursday because it doesn’t comply with state insurance regulations. But Wingate decided today to allow the Christians-only health insurer to continue covering some 800 Kentuckians for another two months.
Only churchgoers who pledge to abstain from sex outside of marriage, illegal drug use and smoking are allowed to participate in Medi-Share.