Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri June 29, 2012
Christian Co. Approves Spending for School Nurses
In an attempt to save Christian County’s school nurse program in Christian County, Board of Education members last night approved an additional $165 thousand dollars in spending for the 2012-13 school year.
The money will fund 13 nurses and one supervisor. The decision comes after Health Department officials submitted a request at Thursday’s special meeting. The Kentucky New Era reports the Health Department’s proposal wouldn’t guarantee a school nurse in each school, but would have certain nurses sharing schools.