Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri June 29, 2012
Christian Co. Approves Spending for School Nurses
In an attempt to save Christian County’s school nurse program in Christian County, Board of Education members last night approved an additional $165 thousand dollars in spending for the 2012-13 school year.
The money will fund 13 nurses and one supervisor. The decision comes after Health Department officials submitted a request at Thursday’s special meeting. The Kentucky New Era reports the Health Department’s proposal wouldn’t guarantee a school nurse in each school, but would have certain nurses sharing schools.