Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri June 29, 2012
Christian Co. Approves Spending for School Nurses
In an attempt to save Christian County’s school nurse program in Christian County, Board of Education members last night approved an additional $165 thousand dollars in spending for the 2012-13 school year.
The money will fund 13 nurses and one supervisor. The decision comes after Health Department officials submitted a request at Thursday’s special meeting. The Kentucky New Era reports the Health Department’s proposal wouldn’t guarantee a school nurse in each school, but would have certain nurses sharing schools.