Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri June 29, 2012
Christian Co. Approves Spending for School Nurses
In an attempt to save Christian County’s school nurse program in Christian County, Board of Education members last night approved an additional $165 thousand dollars in spending for the 2012-13 school year.
The money will fund 13 nurses and one supervisor. The decision comes after Health Department officials submitted a request at Thursday’s special meeting. The Kentucky New Era reports the Health Department’s proposal wouldn’t guarantee a school nurse in each school, but would have certain nurses sharing schools.