Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri June 29, 2012
Christian Co. Approves Spending for School Nurses
In an attempt to save Christian County’s school nurse program in Christian County, Board of Education members last night approved an additional $165 thousand dollars in spending for the 2012-13 school year.
The money will fund 13 nurses and one supervisor. The decision comes after Health Department officials submitted a request at Thursday’s special meeting. The Kentucky New Era reports the Health Department’s proposal wouldn’t guarantee a school nurse in each school, but would have certain nurses sharing schools.