Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon September 17, 2012
Choral Conductor Talks Music, Invites Singers to Join New Chorus
For some, singing is a passion. For some it’s a career. For others, it’s something to do in shower, or in the car with the radio full blast. Now Murray has a group devoted to the vocal pursuit. The Murray Choral Society is a new organization dedicated to the study and performance of choral music.
It’s open to the community, and the first rehearsal is October 1. The group’s conductor is Murray State Associate Professor of Music Dr. Amy Aucoin.
Dr. Aucoin joined Angela Hatton on Sounds Good to talk about new group, and why singing should be a life-long activity.
Singers over the age of 15 are invited to join the Murray Choral Society. Murray State students who join will have the opportunity to participate for university credit.