Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Mon September 9, 2013
Charges Against Animal Control Officer Dropped
A judge has dismissed charges against a former western Kentucky animal control officer. Prosecutor G.L. Ovey requested the charges be dropped against Abigail Tucker after the Kentucky Supreme Court issued an opinion on August 29 that changed the way offenses can be listed on an indictment.
Ovey said he isn't sure whether he would seek another indictment against Tucker, who had been indicted on charges of abuse of public trust and tampering with public records. The charges stemmed from a state police investigation last year into improper use of funds at the county animal shelter.