Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon September 9, 2013
Charges Against Animal Control Officer Dropped
A judge has dismissed charges against a former western Kentucky animal control officer. Prosecutor G.L. Ovey requested the charges be dropped against Abigail Tucker after the Kentucky Supreme Court issued an opinion on August 29 that changed the way offenses can be listed on an indictment.
Ovey said he isn't sure whether he would seek another indictment against Tucker, who had been indicted on charges of abuse of public trust and tampering with public records. The charges stemmed from a state police investigation last year into improper use of funds at the county animal shelter.