Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri November 12, 2010
Chandler Still Leads in Recanvass
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – A recanvass of the vote totals in Kentucky's 6th Congressional District race has been completed. After rechecking the vote totals in all 16 counties in the district, Secretary of State Trey Grayson says Republican Andy Barr picked up one vote in Lincoln County, but Democratic Congressman Ben Chandler still leads by 648 votes. Barr has a news conference this afternoon in Lexington to announce his next step. Today is the deadline for Barr to seek a recount, if he is dissatisfied with the results of the recanvass. The recanvass is free, but Barr's campaign would have to pick up the expense for a recount.