Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu September 24, 2009
Census Worker Killed
Manchester, KY – The FBI is investigating whether a U.S. Census worker found hanged from a tree near an Eastern Kentucky cemetery was a victim of anti-government sentiment. A law enforcement official says the word "fed" was scrawled on his chest. The body of Bill Sparkman was found Sept. 12th in the Daniel Boone National Forest near Manchester in southeast Kentucky.