Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon February 18, 2013
Career Assessments Free for Some Kentuckians For Limited Time
Certain Kentuckians including veterans, the disabled and people who’ve been unemployed for more than 26 weeks are eligible for a free round of career testing.
The free testing allows qualified applicants to earn National Career Readiness Certification, or NCRS. Hundreds of businesses use the program that measures career readiness in the areas of applied math, locating information, and reading for information.
The Education and Workforce Cabinet sponsors the program and says funding for the free testing is limited.
The testing is available at select One-Stop Career Centers across the state, including locations in Madisonville, Hopkinsville, Paducah and Mayfield.