Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon February 18, 2013
Career Assessments Free for Some Kentuckians For Limited Time
Certain Kentuckians including veterans, the disabled and people who’ve been unemployed for more than 26 weeks are eligible for a free round of career testing.
The free testing allows qualified applicants to earn National Career Readiness Certification, or NCRS. Hundreds of businesses use the program that measures career readiness in the areas of applied math, locating information, and reading for information.
The Education and Workforce Cabinet sponsors the program and says funding for the free testing is limited.
The testing is available at select One-Stop Career Centers across the state, including locations in Madisonville, Hopkinsville, Paducah and Mayfield.