Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue August 7, 2012
Cancer Study Seeks Participants
A long-term cancer research is getting underway across the country. Beginning Tuesday, the American Cancer Society will sign up volunteers for its Cancer Prevention Study-3. It’s a longitudinal analysis of the various factors that cause or prevent cancer. Spokeswoman Stephanie Feger says participants will take a survey, have their waist measured, and give a small blood sample.
“Over the next 20-30 years, every two-three years the American Cancer Society will mail you a survey to update any of your lifestyle or behavioral or medical information.”
Volunteers can be men or women between the ages of 30 and 65 who have never been diagnosed with cancer before. Previous studies have found links between smoking and cancer as well as obesity and increased risk of the disease. You can find a list of cancer prevention study sign-up locations on our website…