Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu May 16, 2013
Campuses Awarding More Than 61,000 Degrees
The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education estimates more than 61,000 students are receiving diplomas from the state's public and independent colleges and universities this academic year.
That's down slightly from last year's historic total, but it is well above the number of degrees conferred a decade ago in the Bluegrass State.
Undergraduate certificates at community and technical colleges dropped nearly4.5 percent.
Council senior vice president Aaron Thompson said the rising number of college degrees makes Kentucky more competitive in luring jobs.