Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
Wed December 11, 2013
Calloway Highest Ranking Western Kentucky County for Child Well-Being
A Kentucky Youth Advocates and Kids Count report has found Calloway is the top county in far western Kentucky for child well being.
Overall, Calloway ranked third behind Oldham and Boone counties. The report released Tuesday measured each county in four areas: economic security, education, health and family and community strength.
Marshall County was the only other western Kentucky county in the top ten. The lowest ranking counties in our region were Fulton and Christian. The full report is available here.