Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Mon March 4, 2013
Calloway County Prepares For Tornado Drill
Calloway County officials will conduct this year’s statewide tornado safety drill tomorrow morning at 9:07.
Storm sirens in Murray and Hazel and on the Murray State campus will be sounded, and schools are expected to conduct a drill in response. If severe weather is forecast, the drill will be rescheduled. The annual test is used to determine if all systems are working properly and to test and practice emergency planning. Weather radios will also sound during the drill. There’s more information about the statewide tornado drill at http://kyem.ky.gov/statewidetornadosafetydrill/Pages/default.aspx.