Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon March 4, 2013
Calloway County Prepares For Tornado Drill
Calloway County officials will conduct this year’s statewide tornado safety drill tomorrow morning at 9:07.
Storm sirens in Murray and Hazel and on the Murray State campus will be sounded, and schools are expected to conduct a drill in response. If severe weather is forecast, the drill will be rescheduled. The annual test is used to determine if all systems are working properly and to test and practice emergency planning. Weather radios will also sound during the drill. There’s more information about the statewide tornado drill at http://kyem.ky.gov/statewidetornadosafetydrill/Pages/default.aspx.