Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon March 4, 2013
Calloway County Prepares For Tornado Drill
Calloway County officials will conduct this year’s statewide tornado safety drill tomorrow morning at 9:07.
Storm sirens in Murray and Hazel and on the Murray State campus will be sounded, and schools are expected to conduct a drill in response. If severe weather is forecast, the drill will be rescheduled. The annual test is used to determine if all systems are working properly and to test and practice emergency planning. Weather radios will also sound during the drill. There’s more information about the statewide tornado drill at http://kyem.ky.gov/statewidetornadosafetydrill/Pages/default.aspx.