Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Mon March 4, 2013
Calloway County Prepares For Tornado Drill
Calloway County officials will conduct this year’s statewide tornado safety drill tomorrow morning at 9:07.
Storm sirens in Murray and Hazel and on the Murray State campus will be sounded, and schools are expected to conduct a drill in response. If severe weather is forecast, the drill will be rescheduled. The annual test is used to determine if all systems are working properly and to test and practice emergency planning. Weather radios will also sound during the drill. There’s more information about the statewide tornado drill at http://kyem.ky.gov/statewidetornadosafetydrill/Pages/default.aspx.