Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Mon March 4, 2013
Calloway County Prepares For Tornado Drill
Calloway County officials will conduct this year’s statewide tornado safety drill tomorrow morning at 9:07.
Storm sirens in Murray and Hazel and on the Murray State campus will be sounded, and schools are expected to conduct a drill in response. If severe weather is forecast, the drill will be rescheduled. The annual test is used to determine if all systems are working properly and to test and practice emergency planning. Weather radios will also sound during the drill. There’s more information about the statewide tornado drill at http://kyem.ky.gov/statewidetornadosafetydrill/Pages/default.aspx.