Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon April 29, 2013
Calloway County Offices Closing Due to Loss of Longest Serving Clerk
Calloway County Clerk Ray Gene Coursey Jr. age 45, of Murray died Saturday at the Murray Calloway County Hospital. Coursey was born April 4, 1968 in Murray. He was a 1986 graduate of Calloway Co. High School, and a 1992 graduate of Murray State University.
He started in 1983 as a Deputy Clerk in the Calloway Co. Clerk's office; and on Nov. 7, 1995 he was appointed to the Clerks position. Coursey was the longest serving Calloway County Clerk.
As a result of Mr. Coursey's passing many Calloway County offices will be closed this week. All Calloway County offices are closed tomorrow with the exception of the district court which closes at noon. The County Clerk’s office will remian closed through at least Thursday due to a required state audit.
Expressions of sympathy may go to Ally and Bobby DeShields College Fund at The Murray Bank.