Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri June 13, 2014
Calloway County Names Superintendent
Calloway County's Interim Superintendent is no longer a temporary official. The county board of education named Steve Hoskins lead administrator at its meeting last night.
Hoskins is entering his second stretch as superintendent, having served in the school system for six years before retiring in 2010.
Hoskins returned to work after former superintendent Kennith Bargo resigned in April, following the board's vote against renewing his contract.
The school system’s spokesperson David Dowdy says the board decided on naming Hoskins last week.
At the time of the meeting, contract details had not been finalized.