Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri November 15, 2013
Calloway County High School Evacuates Students After Bomb Threat
Calloway County High students are back in the classroom this afternoon following an evacuation in response to a bomb threat found written on the wall of one of the school's bathrooms.
At 2:15 pm this afternoon, students were moved across the street to the parking lot of Murray State’s Expo Center. Officials said the adjacent preschool and middle-school buildings were also evacuated as a precaution.
Police and emergency services closed off a section of College Farm Road and at 2:40 pm, law enforcement gave the all-clear and allowed students back into the building.
The investigation is ongoing.