Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri November 15, 2013
Calloway County High School Evacuates Students After Bomb Threat
Calloway County High students are back in the classroom this afternoon following an evacuation in response to a bomb threat found written on the wall of one of the school's bathrooms.
At 2:15 pm this afternoon, students were moved across the street to the parking lot of Murray State’s Expo Center. Officials said the adjacent preschool and middle-school buildings were also evacuated as a precaution.
Police and emergency services closed off a section of College Farm Road and at 2:40 pm, law enforcement gave the all-clear and allowed students back into the building.
The investigation is ongoing.