Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 15, 2013
Calloway County High School Evacuates Students After Bomb Threat
Calloway County High students are back in the classroom this afternoon following an evacuation in response to a bomb threat found written on the wall of one of the school's bathrooms.
At 2:15 pm this afternoon, students were moved across the street to the parking lot of Murray State’s Expo Center. Officials said the adjacent preschool and middle-school buildings were also evacuated as a precaution.
Police and emergency services closed off a section of College Farm Road and at 2:40 pm, law enforcement gave the all-clear and allowed students back into the building.
The investigation is ongoing.