Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri November 15, 2013
Calloway County High School Evacuates Students After Bomb Threat
Calloway County High students are back in the classroom this afternoon following an evacuation in response to a bomb threat found written on the wall of one of the school's bathrooms.
At 2:15 pm this afternoon, students were moved across the street to the parking lot of Murray State’s Expo Center. Officials said the adjacent preschool and middle-school buildings were also evacuated as a precaution.
Police and emergency services closed off a section of College Farm Road and at 2:40 pm, law enforcement gave the all-clear and allowed students back into the building.
The investigation is ongoing.