Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Mon July 30, 2012
Caldwell Co. Animal Control Officer Faces Criminal Charges
The Caldwell County Animal Control Officer faces arraignment next week on charges of abuse of public trust and tampering with public records. The Madisonville Messenger reports the county fiscal court placed Abigail Tucker on suspension without pay last week.
She had been on paid suspension since April, and also was suspended from her job at the Princeton Police Department. A grand jury indicted her on the two criminal charges in June. The county is currently without an animal control officer, though two workers continue to perform duties at the local shelter. Tucker appears in Caldwell County Circuit Court August 7.