Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- [Slideshow, Audio] Cleaning Up The Columbia Theatre, A Paducah Treasure
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- WKMS Documentary "I Am John Scopes" Debuts Friday at Noon
Tue June 4, 2013
Cadiz City Council To Vote On Restaurant Tax
If passed, the law will levy a 3 per cent tax on all restaurants with a business license within the city. All tax money collected would be turned over to the Cadiz-Trigg County Tourism Commission in its campaign to increase marketing efforts and promote local business. The council voted in May to draft the ordinance with Mayor Lyn Bailey casting a tie-breaking vote. The tourism commission would be required to adopt a budget within thirty days of adoption. The council estimates that the tax could bring in an additional 300 thousand dollars in revenue.