Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 29, 2009
Bus Accident Leads to Death
By Angela Hatton
Smithland, KY – A man is dead following a collision between an SUV and a school bus near Smithland, Kentucky, yesterday. 22-year-old Trevor Hammond was traveling east on US 60 when he crossed into the other lane. School bus driver Denise Kaszuba [kas-ZOO-buh] tried to avoid Hammond, but the two vehicles struck head on. Hammond was pronounced dead on the scene. His passengers, Heather Travis and one-year-old Colton Lawless, sustained injuries. Lawless's injuries were minor, but hospital officials airlifted Travis to Vanderbilt Medical Center. The school bus driver and the three children in the vehicle were not hurt.