Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon October 28, 2013
Bullying A Problem For KY Teens
The Kentucky Department of Education has completed an informal survey of middle and high school students that shows bullying remains a problem on campus and online.
The department partnered with family resource and youth service centers to anonymously quiz randomly selected students across the state on a variety of topics. The review found nearly half of middle school students said they had been bullied on school grounds.
And 13% of high school students said they had been bullied electronically. Some 47% of high school students said they had tried smoking.
Just over 12% had taken prescription drugs without a doctor's prescription. And nearly 45% admitted to having had sexual intercourse.